Nathi Mankayi age, biography , girlfriend , wife , net worth
Nathi Mankayi age , date of birth , biography , girlfriend , wife , marriage , pictures , net worth , profile , thing you dont know
The talented Nathi Mankayi has overcome many obstacles, he released his debut album, Buyelekhaya last year to huge critical acclaim and love from fans, one of his biggest fans being TV personality Bonang Matheba. His single Nomvula has been downloaded by thousands of fans after its release in April this year. He is one of a few artists whose album has gone platinum in a matter of weeks.
Here are 10 things you didn’t know about Nathi Mankayi:
1. His album Buyelekhaya, went platinum within six weeks of its release.
2. The musician says his dreams of going to an arts school were shattered in 2002 when he was involved in an armed robbery.
3. Mankayi says he knew from age 10 that he would be a singer. “I grew up in a Christian family. We would sing before we pray every night. We took turns opening each prayer session with a song and that’s when my singing talent started,” he says.
4. He entered a local competition called Dare to Dream in 2011 and he lost it to his younger sister Amanda. He only won in 2012 when he entered for the second time.
5. Nathi who is also a painter and a sculptor, says he managed to teach himself these skills and loves making beautiful things using his hands.
6. He grew up with his five siblings and mom, Nothembile Mankayi, who raised them single-handedly.
7. He plans to record a second album with his sister Amanda next year.
8. Nathi’s has more than 16 000 Twitter fans and more than 44 000 Facebook fans.
9. In November 2014 Vusi Nova heard him sing and insisted on featuring on a song with him. He came from Maclear to JHB to record “Noma Kanjani” with Vusi Nova.
10. Nkosinathi Mankayi (best known as Nathi Mankayi) was born in Maclear a small town near the Mooi River in the Eastern Cape.